Vacancy for the Post of Consultant: Last date extended to 28/11/21 by 5PM
Indian Council of Social Science Research
North Eastern Regional Centre
NEHU Campus, Shillong-793022
F.No. 11.46/NERC/ADVT-Con/2021-135 Dated: 08th Nov 2021
Application in Standard Format (Click here) is invited from interested and eligible candidates for filling up 1 (one) post of Consultant (Academic and Administration) purely on temporary and contractual basis for an initial period of 6 (six) months likely to be extended on need-base and performance on a consolidated pay of Rs.50,000/- per month.
Name of the post: Consultant (Academic & Administration)
No. Of Vacancy: 01
Expectations from the candidate
The Consultant will be responsible in assisting the honorary director/office in preparing/ scrutinising/examining research proposals/programs/seminars/Workshops/ publications of the ICSSR-NERC. He/She has to also assist the Honorary Director in undertaking the day-to-day administrative works of the office. The applicant may be an in service or retired as an Assistant/Associate Professor from an academic institute/College/University or from an administrative position of a research institute/College/University and having a demonstrable academic and administrative acumen to his/her credit apart from an experience of 3 to 20 years in teaching/guiding research/research administration/academic administration.
Qualifications and Experience:
The eligible applicant for the post of consultant should have the following qualifications and experience mentioned below:
a). Post Graduate degree in Social Science discipline with at least 55% (relaxable by 5 % for SC/ST candidates) marks or its equivalent grade from a recognized university/Institute.
b). 3 to 20 years’ experience of teaching/guiding research/ research administration/academic administration in an academic institute/ research organization of repute.
Other things remaining same, preference shall be given to candidates having Ph.D. degree.
Age Limit: preferably up to 65 years.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The prescribed qualifications are the minimum and mere possession and fulfilment of the essential and desirable qualifications for a post does not entitle the candidate to be called for interview/ test.
- Application must be neatly typewritten on A-4 size paper in the prescribed format. The format can also be downloaded by (Click here)
- One recent passport size photograph should be pasted on the top right hand corner of the application. Application without photograph will be treated as incomplete application and will be rejected.
- All applicants should submit a brief CV, not more than two pages detailing list of academic and administrative accomplishments.
- Envelope containing application should be super-scribed with “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CONSULTANT (Academic and Administration) .”
- The remuneration will be as per the relevant rules of Govt of India and ICSSR for retired Government Employees. For others, it would be Rs.50000/(all Inclusive) consolidated per month .
- The candidates short-listed for interview/ test will be informed by post and e-mail. The ICSSR-NERC will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Original certificates should be produced only at the time of interview/test. However, self-attested photocopies of testimonials may also be attached with the application in support of their educational qualifications and experience etc.
- Applications received after expiry of the prescribed period and/or found to be incomplete in any manner or not submitted in prescribed format will not be entertained.
- ICSSR-NERC reserves the right to interpret all rules including wherever it is not specifically mentioned and may cancel the candidature without assigning any reason (s). The decision of the ICSSR-NERC in respect of selections shall be final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any type/from will disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
- The application complete in all respect must be sent to Honorary Director, ICSSR-NERC, NEHU Permanent Campus, Mawlai-Mawkynroh, Shilong, Meghalaya-793022 latest by 5 PM of 24.11.2021. Scanned or e-applications may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Last date extended to 28th November 2021 by 5:00 PM.